The Global Engagement and Empowerment Forum (GEEF) is organized by ENLIGHT's associated partner Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens and is co-hosted with Yonsei University's Institute of Global Engagement & Empowerment (IGEE) and the Ban Ki-moon Foundation for a Better Future in Seoul.
The GEEF2021 will take place on 4-5 February 2021 in an online format and will be broadcasted from Yonsei University and connecting partners across the globe.
The third GEEF will focus on the theme “3Ps Beyond Security: Peace, Prosperity, and Partnership,” to diagnose the global crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, showcase solutions and best practices, examine opportunities and problems of the international cooperation network, and discuss partnerships and paths forward to accelerate the achievement of United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Key speakers are:
- Ban Ki-moon, 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations and Co-chair of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
- Angelina Jolie, UNHCR Special Envoy
- Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Heinz Fischer, 11th President, Republic of Austria and Co-chair of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
- Nursultan Nazarbayev, the 1st President, Republic of Kazakhstan
- Iván Duque Márquez, the 60th President, Republic of Colombia
- Jim Yong Kim, Vice-Chairman of Global Infrastructure Partners & 12th President of the World Bank
Registration is free. More information: https://www.geef-sd.org/html/
Teaser GEEF 2021