On 1 December, the ENLIGHT University Alliance has launched the call for Impact Awards to recognise and give visibility to research endeavours at ENLIGHT partner universities that are exemplars in planning for and achieving impact. Applications are invited from research teams from ENLIGHT partner universities.
Are you interested in it? Do you want to know more about the ENLIGHT Impact Awards? Please read the call text, and contact your ENLIGHT RISE University Coordinator for further information.
ENLIGHT will concede six Impact Awards, including ideally one award in each of the six ENLIGHT flagship domains. Interested applicants should be nominated by their University through a locally defined internal selection process. Each ENLIGHT partner university is expected to submit at least one, and a maximum of three applications, from its institution to be considered for the ENLIGHT Impact Award.
The representatives of the awarded teams will be identified as ENLIGHT Impact Ambassadors and become members of the ENLIGHT Impact Ambassadors Network.
The ENLIGHT Impact Awards will provide your research team with:
- Increased visibility to your research impact approach, pathway and project, through the ENLIGHT website, ENLIGHT Repository of Good Practices on Research Impact, ENLIGHT Impact Ambassadors webpage, ENLIGHT social media, international workshops and conferences.
- Financial support to attend relevant international workshops/ conferences.
- The possibility of being part of a wide-reaching networking of other ENLIGHT universities impact ambassadors, in close contact with the ENLIGHT impact team and with the possibility of connecting also with other impact networks where ENLIGHT is represented.
- The possibility of knowledge and good practices sharing and mutual learning.
- The opportunity to support and influence ENLIGHT impact work.
ENLIGHT and Impact
ENLIGHT is a European University Alliance to promote equitable quality of life, sustainability and global engagement through Higher Education transformation. Impact is at the core of the ENLIGHT mission and, as such, one of its main objectives is to promote a culture of impact within ENLIGHT Universities. In ENLIGHT, we understand impact as the effects of research in the real world. Impact is the changes we can see (demonstrate, measure, capture), beyond academia (in society, economy, environment) which happen because of our research (caused by, contributed to, attributable to).